Okay, we surrender! Sweet Surrender Bakery has been around for years, and they only get better with time. Known for their incredible Matterhorn cake that was featured by Giada De Laurentiis on “The Best Thing I Ever Ate,” they also make some of the most delicious and beautiful Christmas cookies you’ve ever seen. Whether you want to bake some for your family, give some as a gift or you’re going to a cookie swap, here are some ideas.
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 ½ cups butter
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar. Then, stir in dry ingredients.
- 4. Add vanilla and eggs; beat to combine.
- 5. Stir in dry ingredients, 1/3 at a time, until all are incorporated and batter is smooth. Dough should be stiff. If dough seems dry, kneed to distribute butter evenly.
- 6. Roll the dough out on waxed paper that is lightly dusted with flour. Roll to ¼-inch thick. Press cookie cutters into rolled dough and trim away excess. Gently lift off waxed paper and transfer onto cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until cookies are firm and lightly browned.
Ingredients 1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon food coloring (if desired)
- 1. Combine all ingredients. Stir until smooth.
- 2. To frost cookies, use a small metal spatula or piping bag. Put a small bit of frosting in the center of the cookie and spread it over the surface of the cookie. Pipe decorations as desired.
Sweet Surrender Bakery is located at 6439 Ming Ave. For more information, visit SweetSurrenderBakery.com or call 661.835.8530.